IME Doctor VA, WV, NC & Forensic Psychiatrist Dr. Robert Brown
Curriculum vitae (pdf)
Unique Credentials for Enhanced Case Analysis
• Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Psychiatry & Forensic Psychiatry
• Faculty appointment at UVA Medical School
• Licensed in Virginia, North Carolina & West Virginia
• President of the Blue Ridge Psychiatric Chapter of PSV/APA
• Civil, Administrative & Criminal Case Evaluations
• Defense and Plaintiff Referrals
• Contested Wills & Estates
• Expert Witness Testimony
• Complex Cases with Large Volume of Records Routinely Reviewed
• State and Federal Court Case Evaluations
• Travels when needed to conduct IMEs in VA, WV, & NC
• Expert profile on LexisNexis.com
Dr. Brown attended public schools throughout his primary and secondary education and studied at the University of Virginia (UVA) for both college and medical school. He was selected for dual residency training in internal medicine and psychiatry at UVA. Dr. Brown then completed a fellowship in forensic psychiatry at the University of Virginia’s Institute for Law Psychiatry and Public Policy, where he studied under Dr. Park Dietz, who at that time was a regular consultant to the FBI.
Dr. Brown successfully completed board examinations in internal medicine, psychiatry, and forensic psychiatry. Thereafter, he began a private practice in Charlottesville, Virginia, while continuously maintaining a teaching appointment at the UVA School of Medicine to supervise resident physicians.
Dr. Brown’s education, training and experience has allowed him to serve as a medical expert witness in the multiple areas described in this website. Dr. Brown believes it is important to be willing to evaluate cases on both sides in criminal, civil, and administrative matters. Recently, he has performed VA disability evaluations at the request of the Penn State Law School in areas of internal medicine and forensic psychiatry. You may contact Dr. Brown through this website for additional information.
Curriculum vitae: upon request
Fee schedule: upon request
Online Educational Magazine: www.forensicpsychiatry.com/magazine